Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Proud moments...

I have to say I'm so impressed with the results of our training sessions...like I've mentioned previously I just started having training time with my kids about 2 weeks ago and already I'm seeing much improvement!

For example, on Sunday we went to McDonald's so the kids could run around and play in the play area. There were some other kids there too and everyone was having a great time. Of course, kids being kids, it started to get louder and louder and things got carried away a bit. It was so nice to be able to say "Owen" (just one time!) and hear him say "yes, mommy, I'm coming" and he did come right away! He walked away from playing with his new friends to came right to me. We aren't any where near the 90% compliance recommended in the Mom's Notes, but it is so nice to see that my time and effort with the training is coming through in my children's behavior. Actually, I'm curious to see where we are at...sounds like another experiment! ;-)

Of course afterwards at Walmart during the checkout things got a little out of control and I was having a difficult time getting the kids to listen -- but our primary focus in our household right now is coming right away. I did learn a new training tool that I think will help in situations like this...I'll teach it to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment